Wednesday 6 August 2014

Hammer Time.

  I have cut back on the mileage this week and with today's speed training session to complete then it will be all easy stuff and rest in preparation for Sundays race.
  I set off on my bike from work and cranked the pace up so that I could get home in good time and get the speed training done and dusted. That plan didn't last long as I got a puncture and then a wasp flew in through an air vent of my cycle helmet and stung me on the head. The little so and so stabbed me with a hot needle and then hit me with an hammer, well that's what it felt like anyway. I lifted my helmet up and the damn thing flew off before I could see which way it went, it was lucky as I would of dragged it back to work and showed it one of my hammers.
  I eventually made it to the gym for my speed training and completed my new revised training plan, no Max out this time I left it so that I could at least beat it next time.
  Redcar Half Marathon at the end of September will be the last race for me as I will call it a day for this season. I will take a few well earned weeks off in October and then I will resume my training with the aim of at least breaking one of my personal best times.
 


No comments: