Friday 29 August 2014

Wetherby ready or not.

  I eventually plucked up the courage to get on the scales to see what damage has been done over the last three weeks which included a week off from running whilst on holiday.  Five pounds I managed to put on so not too bad really compared to other years. I have now started trying to shed the extra weight and I'm ready to get stuck into some good training that is after the Wetherby 10k race on Sunday.
  I will be sticking with my plan of enjoying the race seeing as I have  no targets or times to worry about but I will run it as hard as possible to see what my present fitness level is at. It's a good job the race wasn't last Sunday or I might not of made it round as I think I was still running on San Miguel as fuel.
  I am really looking forward to running some cross country races again, it's been almost five years since I last did one. Thinking back to which of the North Yorkshire South Durham League races would I most like to do, to be honest I couldn't pick one. That was the best thing about the league races each race was different, the runners might of been the same but the courses certainly weren't. Some of the races this season are on a Saturday which is new to me, now that does look like a good idea. Race Saturday and then enjoy a good few drinks in the evening with a nice steady / recovery run Sunday. I can't wait to give that a try.
  My indoor track plan has had a bit of an hiccup, the first meeting in November is a 2000mtr race not 3000mtr which is not what I'm really looking for so I might do a road race instead to give my heart and lungs a good stretching in preparation for a fast time at the Leeds Abbey dash the weekend after.. The 2nd meeting in December has  a 3000mtr so I have entered that.
 
 

No comments: