Sunday 14 September 2014

Rebuild.

  I would go as far as to say I am now closing in on the fitness level that I was at before my holiday, the difference now is that I feel that my training has only just begun and with that in mind I am looking forward to see if I can crack a good chunk off my race times.
  Instead of my usual speed work training session on Wednesday I met up with Phil Utley on Thursday for some speed work off road. Mile reps with two minutes recovery, we staggered our starting times so we would finish at the same time which worked out excellent due to the fact that I had a stitch on the third mile with the amount of effort I was putting in. On the fifth and last mile my legs were loosing power which Phil must of been suffering with as well as we both finished with the same six second slower time.
  I didn't expect to be doing anything too serious Saturday as I was expecting to be in recovery mode from Thursdays speed training session, but thankfully my legs didn't feel too bad so I mashed out an hour of uphill training. Maybe the beetroot juice I have been drinking helped, I do hope so as it takes some drinking and its not cheap.
  Today was a steady seventeen mile run with no targets or aims other than to try and clear my head from the past week's problems.
  One of my work mates said to me that he had heard a good quote somewhere,  " anyone can break a world record but only you can break your personal best. " I might need to adjust the quote slightly to an age category personal best if I am going to break any of my P.B.'s.
 

No comments: