Saturday 6 September 2014

Running lows and highs.

   This past week has been a long one on the running front, I have been getting used to the training load again which has left me feeling totally knackered at times. My speed work session mid week was well below par from a fitness point of view but not on effort and finally yesterday my seven mile run to work actually went quite well and I felt my running form was getting its springy feel back again. As I was now starting to improve I was looking forward to seeing some more good news with today's hill training session on the treadmill. I knocked the level down a couple of notches from where I was before my rest period to see how I would cope, my plan was to move back up a level every twenty minutes for one hour. The first level was easy enough, the next level was OK and the final level was hard but no way was I being pushed to my limits. So overall it was a very satisfying result and leaves me in a good frame of mind and ready for tomorrows long run.
 

No comments: