Wednesday 3 September 2014

Start time.

  I knew today's speed training session was going to be hard but not that blinking hard. I shaved off a good chunk of time from the amount of time that I would be running fast and added it to my jog recovery period and I still managed to fail completing the session. Was it the two week rest ? Had Sundays race taken more out of me than I thought ? Was it the extra weight ? Or was it just a case of a bit of everything ? Anyway at least it shouldn't take much to improve on where I am now.
  I must admit I'm finding this week quite tough as I try to settle back into full training, obviously an age thing. Who would of thought taking a rest could be so hard.
  Oh ! After running home from work on Monday and feeling red hot and knackered it was a pleasure and refreshing to do my ALS ice bucket challenge for charity. A bit of a shock at first and then  it felt a bit of a waste as I'm sure I could of drunk it all instead of chucking it all over my head seeing as I was that thirsty.

No comments: