Thursday 16 October 2014

Structure Corruptor.

  You can't beat a good structured training plan that is until you get a bit carried away with some good training, having conquered my 5.25km test run at 20kmh I am now keen to have a crack at 20.1 kmh this coming Saturday. I know I should and would be better off sticking to my training plan but plan 'B' seems more exciting.
   Wednesday I did my weekly speed training which was 500 metres  as fast as possible with a short recovery period in between with twelve of them to do. To be honest it was an absolute killer of a session and I'm never that keen on the shorter stuff. Anyway it got me thinking about athletes that have been interviewed in athletics weekly and have been asked which are their favourite and least favourite sessions ? Having carefully considered all my options I have come to the conclusion that none of them are my favourite and the only way I could have a favourite would be if I had an interval training session that didn't require me giving it 100%. Feet up with an ice cold beer on a Saturday night would be my favourite session I would have to say.
 

No comments: