Friday 7 November 2014

Preparing to race.

 Last weeks eighty miles caught up with me by Monday evening so since then I have been easing back on the base running mileage, although I did manage to fit in my mid week speed session. I continued with building up my stamina with this weeks speed session by doing ten minute intervals with three minutes jog in between and according to my performance I still have plenty of work to do in the stamina department.
  Since Wednesday I have continued easing back on the mileage as I prepare for this week race which is the Maltby 7 mile road race. My plan is the same as my last race as in using the race to get me back into race mode. I will be giving it 100% and fighting for every position but at the same time I must remember that I am there to thoroughly enjoy it. Which is very  unlike next week were I will be hoping to crack thirty three minutes for 10k and will be going out with all guns blazing at giving it 101% at minimum.
  The weather forecast is now looking good for Sunday as in not raining, I am not too bothered with my time so it can be as windy as it likes this week for me but it had better be flipping perfect the week after.
 

No comments: