Saturday 1 November 2014

Prescription Description.

   Having diagnosed a lack of stamina earlier on in the week  I thought I had better get on and resolve the problem so I prescribed myself a good hard ten mile training session that I got off Jim Bulman. Three miles at 10 mph, three miles at 11mph, three miles at 12mph and finish off a final mile as best as you can. I just about managed to complete the session which is good in one respect but I completed a slightly harder version back in July, I won't be happy until I have at least managed to match the harder version.
   My mileage by the end of this week should be around eighty miles which is much better than the fifty miles I had been averaging since September, just a shame it will drop again next week and the week after but with good cause as I have a few races lined up.
 The Leeds Abbey Dash 10k in a couple of weeks time will be my last chance this year of cracking thirty three minutes for the distance, no matter what form I am in I will be setting off at a pace to get me under thirty three minutes and then seeing how it goes. A  case of win or bust situation, anything over thirty three minutes will be of no use to me so  I have got to go for it.
  All this extra stamina work and racing won't actually help my cause in early December to beat my best time at 3000 metres on the indoor track, but same again I plan on thouroughly enjoying it and giving it 100%.

No comments: