Saturday 13 February 2016

Happy never after.

   I ran my 5km test run on the treadmill this morning and didn't quite hit my target of running sub 17 minutes 30 seconds as  ended up 9 seconds over. I may of been able to squeeze another second or two out of myself but their was absolutely no chance of taking ten seconds off. It was twenty two seconds quicker than I ran two weeks ago so surely I must be happy with that, well you would of thought so but I think us runners are never really happy and always think we should be going quicker. My next target on the 5k test run game will be in three weeks time and I suppose I will try for a thirty second improvement which should just about be achievable.  If I'm going to the British Masters 5km Road Race Championships in June then I need to be getting this test run time down to 15 minutes 30 seconds which gives me plenty of work to do.
    I didn't quite hit my weight loss target this week to keep on track with 2014s comebawhich is no big problem as I'm sure I will catch back up next week.

No comments: