Saturday 27 February 2016

Topsy Turvy,

   I have made up this week for last week's poor mileage as I only need ten more  miles tomorrow to take this week's total to eighty miles, I wish I could say that I have nailed it on the mileage front but at a  guess I would say it is going to take another month yet at least.
  My legs were a bit stiff this morning but after fifteen minutes of warming up they decided to come back to life, I was planning on doing a 5k pace testing tempo session so I set my pace on the treadmill and off I went. The first couple of kilometres didn't feel too bad which was as far as I got last time I tried this pace so another kilometre it was and then another and finally I thought stuff it and go for the full 5k. I was supposed to only be capable of three kilometres to four at the most and the idea was to do that twice with a good rest in between. Seeing as I had completed the full 5k I didn't bother with anymore speed and continued just jogging up to the hour mark. The 5k completed in  17 minutes 13 seconds. A twenty six second improvement compared to two weeks ago which I will happily take.
   I was supposed to be doing a 5k test run on the treadmill next weekend so I will have to do something else instead, I think I might try throwing in a second high intensity interval training session and see how I cope with that. Obviously my recovery rate is nowt like it used to be so that could be interesting to see how that works out, a couple of rest days after that sounds good though.

No comments: