Sunday 5 June 2016

Dunn in.

 Oh what a day for running, glorious sunshine and a very slight cooling breeze it doesn't get any better than that in my world of running. I had an early start this morning and was out of the door just before 8.00am with my an energy drink in my running belt and a bottle of water in hand to be dropped off four miles into my 17 mile hilly route, so that it will be ready to be picked back up on my return when I will probably be dying of thirst. I had already clocked up 69 miles so far this week and this was to be my second hilly 17 miler, if I thought the first one was quite tough then this one was surely going to be a leg smasher as my legs were already feeling it before I had even set off.  The first 6 miles was a breeze and as I started the 5 mile loop I was wandering if I would be in the same sort of shape when I got back to the same point. The answer to that started to show around 3 miles later when the spring in my step began to dampen down and by the time I completed the loop my legs  and feet were at the opposite end of the scale than my wishful thinking and if I wasn't already "Dunn in" then I was going to be by the time I finished off the 6 mile hilly return leg. On a positive note for some reason I wasn't dying of thirst which was a big surprise but I did guzzle my bottle of water  down non the less once I reclaimed it. The last 4 miles I have run many a time on last legs as it is the same route I  use to take a long cut running home from work. So that finished the week off at 86 miles and that is me well and truly "Dunn for".
    It's a good job I haven't got any bright ideas of doing another eighty mile week any time soon as I don't think I would be capable of doing it anyway. Going off my vast amount of data I reckon that my legs will feel a bit heavy for a few weeks which will probably cause a slow down in improvement but after that then the improvements should start to get back on track again but with a bit more stamina for any longer races.
 

No comments: