Tuesday 6 September 2016

Straight to the point.

   Straight to the point, I took action with my sore heel aka plantar fasciitis and had some acupuncture to see if it helps with sorting the problem out. I don't expect miracles and I will settle for any  sort of improvement, a 30% improvement would be awesome 50% would be totally fantastic. I will soon find out as I need to rest my foot today and then it should be good to go for a test run in the morning.
   I woke up this morning got out of bed and my foot didn't feel too bad, which is about the same as when I have gone to the doctors for something and then felt ok by the time I got there. As I set off to run to work I didn't need to wait long to see if it was ok or not because within two strides that God dam heel was hurting like chuff. It took a couple of miles for it to get going then it was ok for the rest of the 7 mile run to work. I'm sure that if anyone that lives nearby sees me setting off to work they will be saying " It doesn't look like he's going to make it today" as I hobble off down the road.
  Apparently the sole of your foot can be the most sensitive to sticking needles in, "just get them in I have no problem with pain it's tickling that I would have a problem with". With that the needles were in and doing their magic. What kind of magic I am yet to find out.
  Good foot or no good foot I will be looking forward to this weekend's 17 mile long run, after over racing and doing nothing it will be good to get back into a routine.

No comments: