Saturday 29 October 2022

Nice weather for ducks and running.

  The next time I do a 5k parkrun I will try not to drink too much Whisky the night before even though it didn’t appear to affect my performance today at the slightly raining but glorious location of Fountains Abbey. The slight rain helped with the cooling though it was slightly slippy in the odd area but overall as far as myself was concerned it was a good day for beating my last 5k time.

 I must say my warm up routine before a race has changed considerably, I don’t think I even got into the heavy breathing stage as I’m more concerned with conserving every bit of energy my legs might need 🙈 I got slowed down at the start with the mass of people though even that is a good thing as it prevents me from setting off way too fast which has always been a problem. Once I got going and settled into my own race pace I kept thinking maybe I’m not trying harder enough but by the end of the 5k I’m sure I was at my limit. This weeks time was 2 minutes 20 seconds quicker than last time time with a finishing time of 22 minutes 19 seconds. 

 Another 3 weeks of training and then I will be back for another parkrun with the aim of knocking another minute off. 

No comments: