Sunday 23 October 2022

Life in the easy lane.

 Three weeks had passed since my last test run at race effort over my 4km course. I certainly didn’t want to walk any of it this time around which would certainly help reduce my time, besides that I have had 3 weeks of training without any problems so I was hoping to knock off a minute at least off my previous time. Keen and raring to go away I went, about half the way round I was already a minute faster so all I had to do was to maintain my constant running and  keep in my mind to slow down a touch instead of keep going into the red and needing to walk 🙈 I must say I’m definitely at novice level at best. My time was much better 1 minute 53 seconds quicker. I will be trying at a guess to run my next 5km parkrun next Saturday in the low 23 minute region. 

 I have unearthed some of my old running gear, I must say most of it looks like Lycra it’s that tight with all this extra weight I have gained. On the plus side I should be well insulated for the Winter season. 

 Maybe there should be weight categories like they have in boxing. I guess I’m a light heavy  at present. The question is should I move up to heavy weight or drop down a weight but the runners would be faster. Difficult decisions 😂

No comments: