Thursday 2 April 2009

A run to far.

After a P.B. smashing day at the Middlesbrough 5k on Sunday I had a change of plan and ran to and from work on the Monday to get my exercise out of the way ready for Norman Smith's funeral. (Thirsk and Sowerby Harriers Chairman)
Norman's funeral was well attended as expected from such a great bloke.
Dame Tanni Grey Thompson, I noticed Tanni at the Middlesbrough 5k and admired her for helping out with the promotion of the Tees Pride Races, to see athletes putting something back into sport as Norman did really pleases me. Then low and behold I see her again at Norman's funeral. Is there any athletes out there that Norman didn't know. And then I see her again getting ready for a meal with Barack Obama and Gordon Brown, where will she pop up next I wonder before going to the Gym. No ! She wasn't there.
Tuesday yet again I opted for the run to and from work but with the extended route on the way home. Wednesday I opted for the run to work, lift home then the Club for circuit training and interval training in the evening. Well ! That finished me off well and truly. My feel good factor is now splatted all over the pavements and roads around the area of Thirsk. Thursday I managed to scrape myself out of bed at 5.30am for a 6 mile run before cycling to work, a cycle back after work and then it was time for the gym to try and break all my lifting P.B.'s . Now I'm knackered. I thought I was knackered before but now I'm Knackered. Looks like a rest day Tomorrow in preparation for the Hartlepool Marina 5 mile or I might be tempted with a 7 mile recovery run to work.
The weight battle has almost been won, only one more pound to shed for my Marathon Race weight of last year, yet again I might try and go for another two pound off. In January my target for the Edinburgh Marathon was to match last years time, by February I was thinking of a Sub 2 hours 26 minutes now I think a 2 hour 24 minutes is well within my capabilities. I just hope I haven't peaked to early seeing as there is another 8 weeks to go.

No comments: