Tuesday 21 July 2009

Long Run Home.

I'm finding the extra long run home after work really hard work at the moment. It's just a case of struggling with it until my body gets used to the mileage again, which I imagine will take about six weeks. Then I should be able to mix some speed and strength work into the run. Also the long run on Sundays for the next six weeks will steady away with the watch left at home to prevent any time checking. With hundreds of checkpoints in a ten mile radius from all the training I've done over the years I know as soon as I start my stop watch I will start to check my time as I go through each point and then it will become a time trial as I try to beat my best times.
I thought the 18 mile round trip to work on Monday was hard but the 18 mile again today made Monday feel like a fun run, the joys of running.
I will be finishing my season off this Sunday at the James Herriot Trail Race which is one of my favourite races of the year, probably due to the thought in the back of my mind that as soon as I cross the finishing line there will be no more races to suffer in until the Teespride 10k at Middlesbrough on the 6th September.

No comments: