Friday 24 July 2009

Beer ready and waiting.

The training has gone well this week and unexpectedly I seemed to of improved slightly. With this added bonus I'm now feeling ready for the James Herriot Trail Race on Sunday, I'm sure the distance will not be an issue like it was at the Burn Valley Half Marathon so I will be attacking as hard as I can to beat my time from last year.Seeing as the training at the club went well I thought I would make most of the feel good factor and went to the gym and smashed some more of my lifting bests on the Thursday. All I have to do now is take it easy until Sunday which I'm sure I can manage. I Have planned a trip tomorrow to watch the Sunderland Air Show which should be good weather permitting. Talking of the weather I hope it's going to be good on Sunday as my support crew won't enjoy the hour waiting around in the rain waiting for me to finish running. The extra good feel factor should kick in after the race as it will be time to pack in racing for five weeks or so. So Sunday afternoon I will be refueling to the max and by the evening I will be hitting the Blacksheep Beer.

No comments: