Wednesday 29 July 2009

Rain, Drain and Pain

The rain managed to drain my enthusiasm to go out running today so I decided to have a go on the good old treadmill at the gym. The best thing about the treadmill is I am pushed to my absolute limits as I try to complete the near impossible interval session I have set, plus the treadmill makes me keep to the same constant effort.
The treadmill made for a good change but I would rather keep the treadmill workouts for the depths of winter. My bike ride tomorrow looks like it will have to be rescheduled for next week due to the problem of rain, it's not that I'm a fair weather rider it's a case of I will be the only one that turns up, believe me I have experienced that many times whilst I was biking.
Monday I was cycling to work and hundreds of cyclists on some sort of ride were unfortunately traveling in the opposite direction so I wasn't able to race any of them. But luckily on the way home there was a load going in the same direction, I started passing them but none were up for a race so I tried riding past them and shouting " COME ON ". All the way home not one retaliated and gave me the slightest bit of a race. A quick change and I was out for a 5 mile recovery run where upon I came across more of the cyclists, "hello" one shouted. The cheeky sod, how dare they say hello after ignoring me, I was almost tempted to turn round and race him, I bet he would of put a spurt on then. I must try and ignore those voices in my head more often I think, the next thing you know I will be racing folk round the aisles at Tescos.

No comments: