Sunday 2 August 2009

Easy does it.

The training this weekend was really easy. A grand total of zero miles completed. It's not that I'm exhausted, injured or even burnt out from over racing but just a precautionary measure to make sure I don't end up with that fed up feeling. To be honest at the moment I'm looking forward to this years winter training and cross country racing which in the last two years has been more of a must do rather than a want to.
My plan this time is to miss quite a few of the road races I usually do in favour of getting some constant weeks of good training done. I'm still convinced I can get under 31 minutes for 10k and under 51 minutes for 10 miles. As well as improving my marathon best time which I will focus more keenly on next year.
I have only two weeks to go before flying out to Lanzarote for a week, I will be getting a couple of runs in but my main focus as usual on holiday is to recharge my batteries, and come back fresh, keen, over weight and out of shape ready for the new beginning.

1 comment:

Antony Bradford said...

It sounds like your doing everything right and taking a well earned rest. It probably wont feel like this, you may get the 'dooms' and the feeling of losing fitness. The devil will be desperate to get in your suitcase and spoil this well earned rest. It will be hard to resist and fight this temptation to use up the excess energy you will have. So enjoy your rest, silence the devil and tuck in to your grub. I have no doubt you will be better after this and ready to take on the next new challenges and PBs on your return. Most of all enjoy your holiday and rest and try block out all thoughts of your rivals and their training and racing.