Sunday 6 September 2009

Missed racing for training.

Saturday I visited the gym for a treadmill session and completed 50 minutes of interval training at 20 km/h. My long term goal is to get a good interval session at 23km/h but that is some way off yet. I am prepared and ready to try and push myself to new limits over the winter months. I missed this weekend's race at Middlesbrough the Tees Pride 10k due to the need to get training. I felt it would be a complete waste of time racing today as I would of been way off my normal speed and I would of also missed a weekend of training. Instead I ran 17 hilly miles or there abouts around the North Yorkshire Moors and yet again added more uncharted territory to my knowledge of getting to know more of the moors, the run took 2 hours which was a bit short but all the hills made up for the lack of time on feet.
Only one week to go now for the final race in the Blacksheep Race series which is the Wetherby 10k. Having not raced for seven weeks on the day of the race, it will be one hell of a lung bursting start to my new season.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great run at Wetherby Mr Dunn. It's a 'cracking' little race I've been told.

Anonymous said...

Well done on your race win today at Wetherby Gaz. Jamil informed me.