Monday 17 January 2011

P.B. already and I haven't even started.

    My fitness level can't be too bad as I managed to break one of my PB's tonight. It's just a shame that it was on the stepping machine rather than running but I'll take anything that comes along at the moment. I tried a twenty metre test run before leaving work and my ankle was still giving me some pain so it looks like it's going to be another week of no running. This year could become quite interesting if the ankle continues to hassle me for some time, my plan B would be to use London Marathon as a training run then do another Marathon at a later date depending on the time it takes to get back upto full speed. It's not only the marathon that would make a difference as I would continue to race right up to the end of September instead of finishing at the end of July. So races  like the Darlington 10k and the Teespride 10k which I'm usually forced to miss would become very important as I would use them to try and break or get near to my 10k PB.
   I will probably try and get back to racing as soon as possible as it seems it's the best way forward to get back upto full speed, I mean one race every three or four weeks not every weekend.

2 comments:

Antony Bradford said...

If it hurts after 20 meters it's not quite ready for a marathon.

It may be prudent to get the thing checked out as it seems to be taking quite a while to heal.

Best of luck.

The Engineer said...

Six weeks seems to be the average time for the bone to heal after the ligament tried to detach itself from the bone completely. It's slowly improving and I have even managed to accept that it's going to take time. Good luck with the season ahead.