Friday 18 November 2011

Stage 1 Dunn

 My three stage plan of getting back to sub 32 minute 10k shape is back on track with the completion of stage one. Stage one was to be twelve weeks long with the aim of being able to complete a 10k race in around 34 minutes and 40 seconds, I feel I should be able to achieve that so stage one is complete with a week in hand.               Stage two  is now ten weeks with the aim of going sub 33 minutes for a 10k and the final stage of 8 weeks should see me running a sub 32 minute 10k.
  It's been a long four months since I last raced but it's been worth it due to the fact I'm returning this time without carrying any injuries, there's no pressure for me to do anything special at the Lightwater Valley 10k this Sunday which just leaves me with the task of running as fast as I can and pain free.
 In two weeks time I have planned to do a winter crossing of the 42 mile Lyke Wake Walk, if the weather stays like it is at the moment it won't be much different than a Summer crossing with the way our summers are nowadays.
  The change in weight training is at long last showing some signs of improvement, the extra reps with lighter weights has been much harder than anticipated not only effort wise but also from some sort of macho thing going on at gyms were you have to pick the biggest weight you might be able to lift and then select the next one up. I've managed to resist "the look what I can lift" and have stuck with the lighter weights knowing that at least my time in the gym has a purpose.

No comments: