Saturday 24 December 2011

The Dark Side

    A dark cloud appeared over my running world head around ten days ago, it wasn't there one day and the next out of the blue there it was. As the darkside took hold the thought of going for a run seemed absolutely pointless when I could be at home in the warmth relaxing, I almost made it to the gym a couple of times to do some weight training but in the end even the appeal of that had diminished to nothing.
   Anyway fast forward up to the present time and the though of going for a run in a few days time now  feels like something to look forward to, I have my annual Christmas run with Phil Utley between Christmas and New year and I'm hoping that should help put me back on the right track away from the darkside.
   Whatever happens I have vowed to myself that I will loose the extra weight I have put on in 2011 and will get back to some sort of hard training come the New Year one way or another. I have never failed in the past to succeed in completing something I have vowed to do and I don't expect to fail this time around either.
  For the time being I have decided to leave the race scene alone until or if I ever feel that I am at fitness level that I should be at.
   I can't say I thought much of 2011 running wise to say the least so roll on 2012.

 Have a good Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

No comments: