Saturday 12 May 2012

10k Time Trial

 With the Rainton 10k (which I have entered) fast approaching I thought I had better test myself to see what sort of shape I am in at the moment so I did a 10k time trial and managed 37 mins 34 secs so I would take it I should be able to go sub 37 mins on a reasonable course. Running wise I only manage about two runs per week but I do enjoy them and can't see myself giving up running altogether for a very long time yet, what I'm  most pleased about at the moment is that I have got rid of my plantar fasciitis foot problem along with all other little running niggles and twinges so at least my runs are now pain free and enjoyable from start to finish.
   I completed a night long distance trek of  41 miles in the form of the  Lyke Wake Walk which goes across the North York Moors  last Thursday night which turned out to be more of a challenge than total enjoyment so night treks can go on the back burner for the time being or until some other challenge calls for it. It took 15 hours in total and after doing a full days work before hand it turned out to be a very long time on feet to say the least but it tested my plantar to the max.
 With all the rain we have had for the last three weeks it makes my couple of runs a week very easy to  squeeze   in between showers or should I say downpours, I can't say I miss them wet soggy training days but with Summer not far away now I might even manage to increase my runs per week to three.




No comments: