Wednesday 27 June 2012

Rainton Round Up

  After doing some checking on my past results at the Rainton 10k I would say that the race route is not as slow as I had convinced myself. I was allowing for well over a minute in difference compared to a fast course but my past results state otherwise and I would say its more like 30 to 40 seconds. So going off that my 10k time on a good course should be around 37 minutes 15 seconds, which is well slower than a time trial I did recently on the treadmill.
 Tonight I did a 5km time trial on the treadmill in 17 minutes 42 seconds so my guesstimation for a 5km outdoors would be 18 minutes and 20 seconds, there's only one way to see if I'm right and that is to go and do a 5k park run.
 I have planned to do another Trek on the 6th June from the White Horse at Kilburn to Whitby which is 43 miles across the North York Moors. So it's either this Saturday or wait a couple of weeks and get a bit fitter and go for a sub 18 minute 5k, the short term goal of a sub 18 minute 5k should keep my motivation up in my running life.
 Loosing a good few pounds would definitely help with going faster so there's another incentive to get back to trying to loose some weight.

No comments: