Tuesday 16 October 2012

First Test

  The first thing I need to do before going any further with my training is to find out what fitness level I'm actually at, so my plan is to do a 5km time trial on the treadmill tomorrow evening. I will be trying my hardest to get under 18 minutes which I'm sure I should be capable of achieving, obviously my time will be quicker by around 30 seconds compared to being outdoors so I will stick with the goal of targeting sub 18 minutes at a park run 5k in four to five weeks time.
  I threw in an extra 40 minute training run on Monday to see what state my transmission was in after the weekend's workout and everything seemed to be in good working order thankfully.
  I have bought myself a new running top and shorts now that I'm feeling quite keen but I will have to make do with some well used Adidas trainers for the time being, I will set myself a new target later in the year with new trainers being the award if I succeed.

No comments: