Thursday 21 August 2014

Early Finish.

   I changed my mind about finishing off my running season after the Redcar Half Marathon at the end of September and changed it to last week seeing as I was off on holiday. I resisted any ideas about going for a run with ease over the last eight days so I must of been ready for a rest. There was no need anymore to get a fast half marathon time to qualify for the London Marathon so the only down side to my plan was that I wouldn't be in any sort of decent form for one of my favourite races the Wetherby 10k. I wanted to do some cross country races and indoor track races come October / November and start getting ready for another crack of a sub 33 minute 10k before the end of the year. It's a real pain taking time out but I know it's a case of taking a step backwards to enable two steps forwards. I will start to squeeze in a few runs over the next ten days and then do the Wetherby 10k as it comes, then I will resume full training.
    I have just returned from Torremolinos which must be the number one holiday destination for runners or I should say joggers come keep fit enthusiasts, morning day and night they were jogging past as I sat there sticking to my training plan of  swigging pints of San Miguel.
 

No comments: