Monday 29 August 2016

Need for Speed.

  Awesome speed training session.
  Since March I haven't done many speed training sessions and I have only done a handfull of those against opponents, I call them opponents because training partners sounds too friendly for Speed Training. If I'm not leading from the front on each interval then you can bet your bottom dollar that I will be giving it 100% trying to catch whoever is in front of me as if my life depended on it and the closer the battle the better. Today's session was a good old pyramid session of 1 minute, 2, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3,2,1 all with two minutes recovery. A right old mixed bag of different paces to be running at though it did the trick at the end by making sure there was nothing left in the tank. Oh and the last 1 minute effort was just the sprint training that I have desperately missed this year.
   I suppose I feel better than I did last week for the race I have coming up this Sunday which is the Tholthorpe 10k.
Memories of this race;
- First road race that I ever competed in.
- Team mate Cameron Choules double bluffing me with his expected finishing time, I thought I was going to beat him but never did. I learnt never to believe anyone again before a race and to be honest it has served me well.
- The last short hill before the finish, if you sprint up that and keep the effort going to the line you can gain 30 seconds.
- It always seems to be hot when I turn up and it's already looking like it is going to be another scorcher. Let's just hope the lady with the hosepipe is on hand at the finish to cool everyone off.



 

No comments: